A cruise with Silversea is always a special event. I was trying to express this to another cruise enthusiast recently and it caused me to reflect on why we always look forward to sailing with Silversea. Here are 10 reasons why everyone should consider sailing with Silversea.
1. Refined Personal Service - From the time you step aboard a Silversea vessel you are made to feel special. The truth is, you are special. Silversea delivers the kind of service that can only come from years of rigorous training and a commitment to maintaining the highest standards. If you want to be pampered and catered to in an unobtrusive manner, Silversea delivers.
2. Comfortable Small Ships - All Silversea ships are "small" ships by comparison. With 100 to 540 guests, every Silversea ship delivers an intimate, uncrowded experience. Even the largest ship, Silver Spirit, feels much smaller than it is. And, small is good.
3. The Suites - Silversea accommodations are large and extremely comfortable. Many have large walk-in closets, separate living rooms and private balconies. The beds are outfitted with the finest linens. The bathrooms are stocked with high-quality amenities.
4. Butler Service - All Silversea guests now enjoy the services of a butler. Your butler is available to tend to your every need. From unpacking your luggage, to polishing your shoes, to making dinner reservations, your butler becomes your personal assistant, making sure you have an unforgettable experience on Silversea.
5. Dining - Who doesn't love good food? Silversea excels in the preparation and presentation of every meal. And if you would like a special dinner, just ask your butler to arrange it with the Maitre 'd. And don't forget room service. On Silversea, your butler will deliver course-by-course meals in your suite from the evening's Restaurant menu.
6. Destinations - Silversea's itineraries are second to none. There is an emphasis on unique and exotic destinations around the world. And, because their ships are smaller, you are able to visit ports that the larger ships simply cannot get to because of their size.
7. Shore Excursions - Once you arrive at an exotic destination, Silversea's shore excursion team will make sure you have the best experience possible. Silversea uses only the best local guides, comfortable motor coaches, and complimentary bottled water is always available. Private tours can also be arranged.
8. "Never-Say-No" Attitude - I remember making a special request early one evening from the pool bartender. I asked if it were possible to have a plate of cheese and crackers delivered to the pool so we could enjoy it with our drinks before dinner. It was obvious he had never had such a request. He looked a little puzzled at first, like he was not sure how to react, then his training kicked in. He said "of course, whatever you wish." Ten minutes later, a cheese and cracker plate appeared before us.
9. Inclusive Value - On a Silversea cruise, your gratuities are included in your cruise fare. Cocktails, wine, beer and bottled water are also included. You never have to sign a check for a drink*. The inclusive nature of the Silversea experience makes it a great value.
10. Entertainment and Activities - Even though the ships are small, there is always something going on. Days at sea are filled with a variety of onboard activities, or you can enjoy soaking up the sun at the pool as deck servers tend to your every need. Live music and dancing are available after dinner as well as a variety of entertaining shows in the ship's theater. The ship's spa offers a retreat with a variety of massage treatments that will leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed. And, if you just enjoy retreating to your stateroom, your suite's television offers a choice of movies and other satellite programming.
I am sure I could think of a dozen more reasons to sail on Silversea, but these are the first ten to pop into my head. No wonder we are looking forward to our next Silversea cruise with anticipation and enthusiasm.
*Some premium brands and specialty wines are at additional cost.
These are some of my favorite things about Silversea. What are yours? You can enter your comments below.