MIAMI (February 23, 2017) – Carnival Sensation has undergone a multi-million-dollar renovation and emerged with a variety of popular food and beverage concepts, as well as a new nautical-themed children’s play area.
Following the two-week-long dry dock, which took place in Freeport, The Bahamas, the 2,052-passenger Carnival Sensation today resumed its year-round schedule of four- and five-day cruises from Miami. Carnival Sensation is the third Carnival ship to undergo a refurbishment this year with Carnival Dream and Carnival Ecstasy receiving new spaces, as well.
Here’s a look at the new spaces now available on Carnival Sensation:
· Guy’s Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.
· RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
· BlueIguana Cantina: a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
· Alchemy Bar: a “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop.
· Cherry On Top: the “sweetest spot on board” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more.
· BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool.
· Camp Ocean: a colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11 that showcases the wonders of the sea through fun and engaging interiors and more than 200 ocean-themed activities, including arts and crafts, science-oriented programming, and more.
Carnival Sensation’s year-round schedule from Miami includes four-day cruises to Cozumel departing Thursdays that visit Nassau and the private Bahamian destinations of Half Moon Cay or Princess Cays or Cozumel and Key West, or five-day voyages departing Mondays and Saturdays calling at Grand Turk, Nassau and Half Moon Cay or Grand Turk and Amber Cove in the Dominican Republic.
For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent.