River cruising, especially in Europe, is the
fastest growing segment in the cruise industry. Consumers have a lot of
choice when it comes to selecting a river cruise. Unlike ocean cruising,
however, river cruise ships have to all play by a set of very specific
rules. A river ship can only be so tall so that it can sail under
bridges along the river. They can only be built to a maximum of 135
meters in length so that they can fit into the locks along the river.
For this reason, all river cruise ships look basically the same from the
outside. Most have three decks with a sun deck on top. So what
differentiates the ships and cruise lines is what you find inside the
ship and how the cruise line performs shore excursions and tours.
At CruiseReport.com, we have sailed on several river cruises in China, Europe, Russia, and the USA on a variety of river cruise lines. We have sailed on three different Tauck river cruises in Europe, the most recent being aboard the brand new MS Inspire. Here are ten reasons we think you should seriously consider a river cruise with Tauck River Cruises.
1. Reputation - Tauck has been in the tour business longer than anyone else. Although a relative newcomer to the river cruise segment, Tauck knows and understand how to present a destination to clients.
2. Beautiful Ships - All of Tauck's ships, which are actually operated by Scylla (see below), are as luxurious and well-appointed as you will find on any river. Staterooms are tastefully decorated, offer plenty of storage and are extremely comfortable.
Ships are beautifully appointed and tastefully decorated
3. Partnership with Scylla - Scylla is a Swiss company that has been operating river cruises for 40 years. Through a unique partnership, Scylla runs the hotel and ship operations and Tauck focuses on the destination presentation and customer experience. On a Tauck cruise, you are getting two great companies to serve you!
The Scylla flag flies proudly next to the Tauck flag
4. Tour Directors - Every Tauck river cruise is accompanied by Tauck Tour Directors. They are destination specialists that are responsible for ensuring that Tauck guests have the best experience when off the ship. The Tour Directors accompany guests on motor coach and walking tours. They are always on hand to assist guests and are extremely knowledgeable.
Tauck Tour Directors are the best in the business
5. All English-Speaking - All Tauck river cruises are exclusively for English-speaking clientele. That is not necessarily the case with every European river cruise operator.
6. All-Inclusive, really - With a Tauck River Cruises' vacation, everything is included: all gratuities, all beverages (including beer, wine and alcoholic beverages*) consumed while on board, all meals on board, all shore excursions, and airport transfers.
7. Great Dining - The food quality, preparation and presentation on a Tauck river cruise is the best we have experienced on a river cruise. Buffet breakfast is served in the main dining room each morning and there is an Early Riser's continental breakfast served in the alternate dining venue. A buffet lunch is served in the main dining room each day. Dinner is served each evening in the main dining room with menu service. An open-seating policy means you can dine whenever you wish during restaurant hours and, you can sit with whomever you wish. Each Tauck ship has a smaller, more intimate, alternate evening dining venue available by reservation. A light lunch is also served each day in the alternate dining venue.
8. Casual - There are no formal nights and no need to pack a tuxedo or even a suit for that matter. A sport coat and dress slacks would be the most you will ever need on a Tauck river cruise. This is your vacation...relax.
9. Excellent Service - Both Tauck and Scylla are committed to providing guests with 5-star service. On our three Tauck sailings, we have seen many examples of how Tauck has gone above-and-beyond to satisfy their guests.
Every guest is served with a smile on a Tauck cruise
10. Great Itineraries - Tauck does a lot of research and relies on prior guest feedback when planning their itineraries. The destinations you visit on a Tauck river cruise have proven to be interesting and popular. And, because of their decades of experience in the tour industry, Tauck knows exactly how to show you the best that each destination has to offer.
Keukenhof Gardens is just one of the amazing destinations you can experience with Tauck
*There may be an additional cost for some premium liquors and wines
For more information on Tauck River Cruises, click here.
Originally posted on: 4/20/2014